Manager ABC of org unit 1234 has himself as manager, instead of the manager of parent org unit 5678 (where ABC stands for an actual employee ID, 1234 and 5678 stand for actual org unit IDs).
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Find the relevant org unit and click hyperlink that is the name of the Manager.
- On the next view, observe that under the Manager field, they have their own name.
This is standard system behavior. In an org unit flagged as Reporting Line, the assigned manager will show as manager to all the employees of said org unit. If the manager is also an employee of this org unit, it will be shown as manager to itself.
There are two workarounds for this behavior, both with their consequences to the overall functionality:
- Assign employee ABC to org unit 5678 (parent org unit of 1234), then assign them as manager to org unit 1234. This way, they will have XYZ (manager of 5678) as their manager, and also be manager of org unit 1234
- Remove the Reporting Line flag from org unit 1234. This way, ALL employees from org unit will report to XYZ instead of ABC
employee, manager, org unit , KBA , org unit , manager , employee , LOD-LE-OM-OM , Org. Management , How To