New dimension members are dropped from a dimension while importing data into an existing model in SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Create Model -> Start with a Blank Model.
- Give a name to the model - (Sample_Model).
- Create account dimension (Create as Public Dimension) and add single member in it.
- Create all other required dimensions.
- Save the model.
- Import data from datasource or app.
- Select Connection.
- Select Query.
- Select model in which we want to import the data.
- Once data imported in data integration screen under mapping options click on View All Options tick on the Update dimension with new values checkbox.
- Select a column, map with dimension.
- Watch the information under "Model Info" under Mapping. There is a message "Rows with data quality issue will be dropped at model creation time.".
- The workflow of importing data from a datasource into an existing model can only add new dimension members to a dimension when the dimension is used only by the model itself (private dimension / Create as Public Dimension is unchecked).
- The dimension in question is a public dimension that is shared between two models. In this situation, the software is expected to not allow new members. That is why in the screenshot 2.pgn the side panel shows the data validation that says “no match”.
- Please see the user guide "Importing Data into Public Dimensions" for further information.
Working as designed.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Connections, share, users, EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, bobj , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , How To