You get the below error in the simulation step when Migrating Installation Point:
Update not possible; specified data for IPOINT_REPLICATE_REQUEST-INSTALLATION_POINT-INSTAL does not exist
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Overview view
- Search and select Migration of Installation Point
- Select Migrate installation Point using migration Template
- Select the Migration file
- Select Execute migration Step by Step
When you go to Installation Point in the UI you can see in that for the installation point which you were trying to modify does not have any Installed bases. You can not modify something which doesnot exist.
Since there were no Installed Bases to Modify in the Installation Point hence you were getting the error. Use the option Enhance already existing records while migrating.
Migration, Installation Point, Update , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To