You have created tasks within the contacts, but those tasks are not visible inside the contacts.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Contacts view.
- Open the contact ABC (ABC represents the contact ID)
- Go to the Activities facet.
- Choose New button for task and create a new task.
- After creation, the task is not displayed in the Tasks table within contacts. It is however, displayed in the Tasks view of Activities Workcenter.
The Primary Contact field on the Tasks quick create is not being determined to the existing contact during the task creation.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project XYZ and choose the Open Activity List button.(XYZ represents the project name)
- In the Fine-Tune chevron, search and open Activities activity.
- Select the Maintain the Involved Parties for Tasks link.
- Set the Contact of Account party as Active and Save.
This will automatically determine the Primary contact during the task creation.
NOTE: The above behavior is valid for all the activity types such as Appointment etc.
KBA , AP-ODP-OD , Outbound Delivery , How To