Starting with Solution Manager 7.2 SP5, configuration of the communication channels asynchronous and synchronous processes, will be part of the Solution Manager post installation or upgrade setup. An R/3 Basis Administrator, using transaction STC01 must execute task list SAP_SUPPORT_HUB_CONFIG to complete this configuration.
The Guided Answer SAP Support Backbone Connectivity Troubleshooting in Solution Manager 7.2 describes the most common error messages that may occur during the configuration and test of the new support channels along with an explanation and solution.
You will find the changes in communication channel with SAP Backend (e.g. which jobs are affected, if the asynchronous channel doesn't work).
Additional it gives an overview to understand several issues for the connectivity between the SAP Solution Manager and the SAP Support Portal.
Errors investigated in the Guided Answer are:
- errors in step "Check connectivity and credentials to SAP Support Portal"
- SAP service point ping error : 401 Unauthorized or HTTP ERROR 401 : Unauthorized (SP05)
- SAP service point ping error : 404 Connection Refused
- SAP service point ping error : 500 HTTP error during proxy handshake
- SAP portal connection error 404 : Proxy Connection Refused
- SAP portal connection error 500 : SSL Peer Certificate Untrusted
- SAP portal connection error 500 : Native SSL
- SAP portal connection error 503 : Service Unavailable
- SAP Support Documents channel ping error 999: Error during HTTP client receiving operation
- Error messages in task "Create bgRFC Supervisor Destination (SBGRFCCONF) (Configuration phase):"
- Error: user_creation_failed or Error: error_occured
- bgRFC Supervisor: Authorization check for user <user name> only in client <client number>
- Error 401 Unauthorized
- 407 Proxy Authentication Required
- Error NIEROUT_INTERN(-93)
- Network specific error messages
- Error NIECONN_REFUSED(-10)
- NIEROUT_HOST_UNKNOWN(-90) or NIEROUT_SERV_UNKNOWN(-91)
- Error NIEROUT_PERM_DENIED(-94)
- HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED (destination SAP-SUPPORT_PORTAL)
- Automatic Activity "Finalize Support Hub Connectivity" failed
- synchronous communication channel - error message HTTP error 200
- ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_BROKEN in job log
- Alert 00036 or 00037 in Self-Diagnosis (SP06)
If you are unable to find a resolution for your problem or if you have a connectivity related question regarding these new communication channels please feel free to open an incident under component XX-SER-NET-HTL.
Hint: You got the error message: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP response contains unexpected content-type, when you performed a manual upload in LMDB -> the cause is the same as for the error HTTP Error 200 in the Guided Answer.
SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP05 or higher
Hub Connectivity, asynchronous channel, synchronous channel, STC01, STC02, SAP-SUPPORT_PORTAL, SAP_SUPPORT_HUB_CONFIG, 401 Unauthorized , KBA , sap service point ping error , 500 connection forbidden by proxy , SV-SMG-INS-CFG-SYP , System Preparation , SV-SMG-SVC , Administration of Service Connections with Solution Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.