- Filters are not applied properly in charts based on linked models in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- Chart shows "Unable to retrieve data from datasource" error after applying an Input Control for one of the linked dimensions.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Story with canvas page.
- Add two charts having models linked together.
- Add an input control based on the linked dimension.
- Apply a filter selection.
- The ID's of the linked dimensions do not match, only the description of the values are the same.
- Linking was applied based on dimension ID and not based on dimension description.
In the Link Dimensions window, under the "Matched Dimensions" section, the Description has to be selected in order to make filtering work.
To create an explicit link on Description, update the "Matched Dimensions" to "Link On" ID by clicking the ellipsis (...) on the dimension token for each side and select the ID radio button.
- The ID of a dimension must match the ID of the dimension it is linked to.
- Chart filters do not affect linked dimensions, because they are only applied to a single chart.
- Some dimension links may not result in filters being applied to all charts due to limitations in translating filters applied to one model to meaningful filters on a second model.
Refer to the online help: Home > Stories > Blending Data > Creating Linked Dimensions.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, link, blend, modeler, filtering, SAC, No Matching Data Is Available To Display,SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , matched dimensions names , not able to link the two time dimensions , columns data is not matched , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , How To