You see that in the Supplier Invoice , there is an Exception message stating Withholding Tax Items not supported for this transaction displayed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing Workcenter.
- Navigate to the Supplier invoices and Credit memos view.
- Select Invoice ID - XXX.
- Under the Exceptions tab, you find that there is an exception Withholding Tax Items not supported for this transaction.
Cause 1:The error message is displayed as the Supplier invoice Item line doesn't have quantity,price unit and net price maintained.
Cause 2:You have not maintained correct tax code and thus Respective withholding tax is also not valid for the transaction you used.
Cause 1 resolution:
You have to maintain quantity,price unit and net price in the Supplier invoice line Item.
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing Workcenter
- Navigate to the Supplier invoices and Credit memos view
- Select Invoice ID - XXX
- In the Items Tab, select the line item
- Now enter the details quantity, price unit and net price and click on the save button.
Cause 2 resolution:
Maintain correct tax code and then this error would not come
For example if the company is india and supplier is US then if you use tax code 83 then you would get this error .
However as you know that 83 is related to domestic purchase and your transaction is import, so you have to use right tax code say for example 95 and then you will not get this error.
WHT error , KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To