- People Pool for a new group has a very limited filter selection when creating a custom tile;
- I can only create groups based on "User" and "Team View" criteria;
- Not able to filter groups by several criteria when creating groups for tiles;
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Manage Homepage feature;
- Add a Custom Tile;
- Fill up all the fields/sections as you wish;
- Finally, go to the Assignments section;
- Select Add group;
- People pool dropdown's criteria is limited to "User" and "Team View".
This is an expected behavior. By default, the only options available in there are User and Team View.
The people pool drop down within custom tile is defined by the elements configured in the company data model, and, more specifically, into the "dg-filters" > "my-filter" tags.
The people pool option in RBP, for example, is different and, therefore, is configured in a different set of tags: "dg-filters" > "permission-group-filter".
You can update the options available in the custom tile group by updating the datamodel and adding elements to the "dg-filters" > "my-filter" tags (see KBA 2088248 for further information and examples).
For this change, you'll need to consider the following:
- myGroup filter configuration is used by multiple places in the application such as homepage custom tile, user options -> my group, etc. Applying changes to that configuration can also take affect into other places of the system;
- The options won't be exactly the same as the people pool in RBP as some elements are not possible to configure in myGroup filter. (E.g. ecfields and jobLevel field).
- If the <my-filters> tag be already configured with any other custom elements (such as HRIS ones), note that they should be placed after the standard elements. That's the correct order.
custom tile, home page, group, people pool, team view, user, dg-filters, my-filter, permission-group-filter, custom tile permission, custom tile target group, custom tile people pool, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-TIL , Custome Tile Issues , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-HOM , Home Page , How To