- File size was smaller before.
- Report exported to RTF format generates larger file size.
- Earlier version of Crystal Reports produced smaller file size when exporting to RTF format, than in the latest version.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In an older version of Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Export the report to RTF format.
- Take note of the file size of the RTF document generated. ( Example: 172 KB )
- Apply the latest product update for Crystal Reports, or upgrade to a newer version.
- Open the same report in the newest version of Crystal Reports.
- Export the same report to RTF format.
- Notice the file size of the RTF document generated is larger. ( Example: 219 KB )
- When exporting to RTF format in the latest version of Crystal Reports, it will create a file about 20% to 30% larger than in older version of Crystal Reports.
- The reason this is happening, it's because the RTF export was updated with new tags to provide better precision when exporting to RTF format. Since there is more RTF tags used, the file size will be larger.
For example: The RTF tag for the font character formatting properties "kerning" was added to better position the text, which will then avoid issues like described in SAP Note 2032341
- Due to the RTF export enhancement, the file size is expected to be larger.
CR, Xport, Rich Text Format, (RTF) , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016