- Running a (complex) XML query
- ASE errorlog reports a 'signal' error with a stack trace including modules XmlXQueryClose and bi_xml_xquery_close
- The user may receive a 712 error in the client side
- This message is NOT printed in ASE log:
There is insufficient heap memory to allocate <size> bytes.
Please increase configuration parameter 'heap memory per user' or try again when there is less activity on the system.
- The users connection dies
- A stacktrace appears in the ASE errorlog with elements that include:
Current process (0xc0100db) infected with signal 4 (SIGILL)
kernel pc: 0x00002aabe792e5f0 ()
Current process (0x47670796) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001296b10 (PtlXmlQuery::~PtlXmlQuery()+0xa) ...
and both with a stack including modules:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
- XML Services
ASEServer, SAPASE, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, stack, registers, heap, memory , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.