We get below JAVA Error while adding an existing link to Collections., However we will not get error if we use "Add a New Link" Functionality in Collections. Issue occurs only on IE Browser.
Please report the following error to your system administrator:
Can not deserialize instance of com.plateausystems.elms.bo.component.valueobject.ComponentPK out of START_OBJECT token
at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@5ad3efdd; line: 1, column: 1]
org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException: Can not deserialize instance of com.plateausystems.elms.bo.component.valueobject.ComponentPK out of START_OBJECT token
Learning Management System
Successfactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Admin > Learning > Collections.
2. Add New Collection.
3. Provide new name and description for Collection then continue to edit collection.
4. Click Add Existing Link while editing Collection.
5. Choose an External Link available from the list >> ERROR RECEIVED
6. Click Add Online Item while editing Collection.
7. Choose an Online item available from the list >> ERROR RECEIVED.
The IE Browser would run certain pages in old IE Compatibility mode as a result most of the pages (LMS/BizX) might be running in IE9/10 or Lower Compatibility Mode. Which intern creates communication issues between Browser and the instance as the Codes are written to work with IE11 as default browser.
We can check if IE Browser is listed with the *.plateau.com *.successfactors.com *.successfactors.eu on "Compatibility View" setting menu options.
Please do follow below instructions to isolate the issue.
1. On IE Navigate to Settings > Compatibility View Settings
2. Remove Websites which are related to Successfactors and SAP. like below
3. Restart the Browser by clearing the Cache.
4. Now you can try to "Add Online ITEM/Existing Link" on Collections.
Collections JAVA Error com.plateausystems.elms.bo.component.valueobject.ComponentPK out of START_OBJECT token , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem