Crystal Reports crash.
- Exporting a report to PDF format that contains a Flash object, causes Crystal Reports to crash.
- Sometimes, it is possible to export the same report to PDF format.
- Important Note
Adobe ended Flash support on 2020/12/31. The information in this SAP Knowledge Base Article was valid prior to Flash support ending. The recommendation is to remove Flash objects from the report.
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Add a Flash object to the report, and pass data from Crystal Reports to the Flash object variables.
- Export the report to PDF format, and notice Crystal Reports crash.
- This issue occurs when the sum of all the variables length passed to the flash document variable is greater than 270,000 characters.
- The issue has been tracked under SAP Note 1983893
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Service Pack 6 - Fix Pack 6.4
- Service Pack 7 - Fix Pack 7.1
- Crystal Reports 2013
- Support Pack 04
- Flash object, CR, xport
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013