- During the boot time, a user database failed to recover with error 834
Error: 834, Severity: 20, State: 4
Illegal attempt to clean buffer: BUF=0xc0000024871475b0, MASS=0xc0000024871475b0, Buf#=0, page=0xc000000349b6d000, dbid=4, Mass vdevno=19, vpage=836145, Buf lpage=23364145, Mass stat=0x10201000, Buf stat=0x8, size=2048, cid=0 ('default data cache'), Pinned xdes=0x0000000000000000, spid=0.
Database 'XXXXX' (dbid 4): Recovery failed. Check the ASE errorlog for further information as to the cause.
- Then, the database becomes suspect.
- It cannot be recovered by ASE during subsequent reboot.
- Suspect status is indicated in errorlog by the following message:
Error: 926, Severity: 14, State: 2
Database 'XXXXX' cannot be opened. An earlier attempt at recovery marked it 'suspect'. Check the ASE errorlog for information as to the cause.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
recovery, boot, force , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.