- When searching an employee, is it possible to have employee's preferred name displayed in the result list of People Search and Quick Card?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to People Search
- Search employee by "Preferred Name"
- Employee's name format shows as [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME]
- An employee is known by his/her preferred name within his/her company.
- When others try to search this employee, they do find this employee by using preferred name. However, the preferred name of this employee is not listed in People Search or Quick Card.
- Steps to setup this functionality:
- Setup "Name Format" Functionality
- Opt-in "Enable Name Format" under "Company Settings" in Provisioning (Note: As a customer you may not have access to this and you would have to contact support or your implementation partner to set this backend setting).
- Create a Name Format
- Admin Center -> Manage Data
- Create New -> Name Format
- Fill in required fields as below and click on save
- Associate Name Format with Legal Entity
- Admin Center -> Configure Object Definitions
- Select Object Definition, and in the adjacent field, select "Legal Entity"(Or any LegalEntity to which the Name Format should be assigned)
- On the right hand side of the screen, on the Take Action menu, select "Make Correction"
- Create a new association with the details highlighted in the screenshot below, then select Save
- Assign the Name Format to Legal Entity
- Setup "Formal Name" field
- Enable "Formal name" field
- Admin Center -> Manage Business Configuration
- Employee Central -> personalInfo
- Choose "Yes" in the dropdown list of "Enabled" field
- Click on Save
- Setup RBP for "Formal Name" field
- Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles
- Click on the Permission Role which the permission would be assigned
- Click on "Permission" under "Permission Details"
- Choose "Employee Central Effective Dated Entities"
- Grant "View Current", "View History", "Edit/Insert", "Correct" accordingly of "Formal Name" field to the Permission Role
- Click on "Done" and "Save Changes"
- Check "Formal Name" field under "Personal Information" portlet
- The Formal Name field should appear under "Personal Information" portlet
- If the value is not correct with the selected Name Format, please perform the steps in KBA: 2295729 - Changing the Name Format Assigned to Legal Entity not Propagated to Employees
- After doing the steps above, you may now have employee's preferred name displayed in Quick Card and People Search:
- If you want to have the format as "First name (Preferred Name) Last Name", please add "()" to the preferred name field:
Preferred name, quick card, people search, name format, first name, last name, formal name , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , How To