- An Advanced Reporting report is scheduled via the Report Distributor on a daily basis to capture the latest modified records.
- A few of the modified records are captured in consecutive successful runs (not a perfect delta report)
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Report Canvas - Advanced reporting
- Online Report Designer - Advanced Reporting
- Report Distributor
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Advanced Reporting data based report
- Add a filter for "Last Modified Date >= Last Successful Run Date"
- Create a Report Bundle
- Add the query to the bundle
- Schedule the Bundle to run daily (may be at 10 a.m)
- On the 1st of January, at 09:00 a.m a few users' data has been modified.
- On the 1st of January, the Report Bundle is executed at 09:00 a.m.
- The export from the 1st of January contains data modified at 09:00 a.m on the 1st of January(expected)
- On the 2nd of January, the Report Bundle is executed again at 10:00 a.m.
- The export from the 2nd of January also contains data modified at 09:00 a.m on the 1st of January(strange behavior)
- The 'Last Successful Run Date' translates to a timestamp of 00:00:00 of the last export's date and not time at which it was run.
- As a result, any scheduled run with the last successful run date filter, with a schedule time greater than 00:00 will include all the data modifications done since the previous day (midnight) till the scheduled run.
- i.e. a Scheduled export run at 23:00 on the 2nd of January with the last successful run date filter translates to - From the 1st of January 00:00 till the 2nd of January 23:00
Note: This behavior can be observed only with the fields that include timestamp info and not just the date.
2587890 - Advanced Reporting displays only the date for timestamp fields (Canvas / ORD Report)
With the current design, the behavior is expected
Schedule the Report Bundle to be executed at 00:00 (12:00 a.m. or Midnight) to get a true delta / incremental export with every run.
Last, Modified, Date, Report, Distributor, Timestamp, Realms, delta, incremental , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem