- Hire workflow is enabled.
- Hiring an employee via import.
- Hire workflow triggers, but on trying to open the workflow, we face error.
Employee Central - Imports
Employee Central - New Hire
Reproducing the Issue
- Import a HIRE record via Job Information import.
- Go to employee's job information, you will see the workflow link.
- On clicking the workflow, we encounter error.
- Proxy as approver and try to open workflow, results in same error.
- There is a difference in the way a new user is hired in the system via Add New Hire functionality and via File based Imports.
- The Add New Hire functionality presents a wizard with a series of data entry steps like Biographical, Personal, Compensation, Job Information which are presented in completeness for New Hire workflow approvals.
- The File Based Imports on other hand is a set of individual templates meant for ease of data uploads which cannot be presented together to the workflow.
- Supporting such use case would require an apt way of template consolidation with same ease of data entry and extendable for multiple users in bulk.
- Currently the system has a limitation on such consolidation and hence such use cases are not supported.
- In Full Purge mode: No workflow will trigger.
- In Incremental mode a workflow will trigger but cannot be processed owning to above limitation.
As advised by Import engineering team, if you want us to change the design or If you'd like to have this considered as part of a future release, please request for an enhancement request in customer community site.
ECT-68705 - Workflow is not triggered when importing job history data
ECT-69600 - Application Error when accessing workflow request initiated via import
Hire import hire workflow on import new employee import , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , Product Enhancement