Importing of MDF object file with special characters (Non-UTF-8 characters) is failing with either the following errors:
- "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support."
- "Full exception:com.successfactors.jobscheduler.ScheduledJobExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin Center > Import and Export Data > Import Data;
- Choose the file > For example, the file name is Çrateur or have some accentuation;
- Validate or import the file and you will get the error:
An error has occurred while trying to process your request. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support.
The file name has non UTF-8 encoding characters
Change the file name to UTF-8 encoding as per system design.
2277994 - How to Import Data for MDF Objects?
2257047 - Adding attachments on a MDF Object for attachment type field via Import
MDF, Import MDF Object File, error to import MDF, issue , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , Problem