After an instance refresh, your Scheduled Jobs will need to be re-submitted to the scheduler in order to run. For EC customers who report on Pay Component Groups using Ad Hoc reporting, it is important to remember to reschedule the HRIS PayComponentGroupSums Sync job otherwise this will cause Pay Component Group calculated values to not get updated in Ad Hoc Reports, and the data will become out of date/stale.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Perform Instance Refresh on instance with EC enabled
- Pay Component Group calculated values to not get updated in Ad Hoc Reports
This is because the Instance Refresh process will copy the scheduled jobs from one instance to another, but the HRIS PayComponentGroup Sums Sync job still needs to be manually re-submitted to the Job Scheduler in order to run
1. Navigate to Provisioning > Instance in question > Monitor Jobs and click on the "View Waiting Jobs" link. Notice that the HRIS PayComponentGroup Sums Sync job is not scheduled
2. Navigate to Manage Scheduled Jobs. Filter the list of jobs with Job Type "HRIS PayComponentGroup Sums Sync". You can then identify the HRIS PayComponentGroup Sums Sync job in question as it will be a Recurring Job and will still show as Submitted
3. Next use the action menu for that job to "Cancel" the job
4. Once cancelled, use the same action menu to "Edit" the job. Do not change any of the jobs configuration. Just make sure that the "Job Owner" is a user with Admin permission to Everyone.
5. Last step is to reset the schedule start date to the applicable date. Note - This is in US date format - you cannot use a Time & Date that is in past - so best set the schedule to run from the "Next" business day -:
6. Lastly, click "Update Job" to resubmit the job
7. The scheduler will ask whether you want to Submit Now or Submit Later - choose Submit Now
8. Then lastly, go check the "View Waiting Jobs" list again and verify that the job is now scheduled
NOTE: If the HRIS PayComponentGroup Sums Sync job has not run for several days, you do not need to run it from a date far back in time like HRIS Full Sync. Instead you are safe to just schedule the job to run as normal or even use Run Now to get the data updated immediately.
Instance Refresh Instance Clone Instance Deployment Instance Creation PayCompGroupSums , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , Problem