- SAP ASE crashes abruptly while running varied operations.
- ASE errorlog reports "infected with signal 11" errors in the module des_checkpoint() with stack traces:
Current process (0x15000b) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0000000100af3a80 (des_checkpoint.fdpr.chunk.20+0x7c), siginfo (code, address) = (50, 0xfffffffffffffdd8)
- Stack trace includes the following functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- Terminated processes (spids) leave unreleased Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin spinlocks, for example:
Spinlocks held by kpid 43451045
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin at address 0x0000000145dc2b80 owned by 43451045
- Which results in ASE crashes.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR803834, CR#803834, 803834, "number of open partitions", SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.