- Streaming projects are unable to process records when data type mismatch occurs on column values. The entire row gets skipped.
- Consider the below scenario:
- Data is being input to the project from a CSV or XML file using the File/Hadoop CSV Input or File/Hadoop Event XML Input Adapter.
- The Streaming schema is using the "time" data type for the field.
- Some records in the field contains value ‘0’ (which is not in time format).
- The input adapter is unable to parse the value ‘0’.
- The input adapter skips the entire row of data and processes the next row.
- In the CSV or XML file, suppose there are 40000 records, out of which 2000 rows have the value ‘0’ for the field X.
- When starting the Streaming project, the input adapter processes only 38000 rows.
- Because of one field with invalid data for the data type, the entire row of data is skipped and not processed.
- How to determine what data rows were skipped in this scenario?
- SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) 5.1 SP12 PL03
- SAP HANA Streaming
SAP Event Stream Processor 5.1 ; SAP HANA 1.0 smart data streaming ; SAP HANA streaming analytics 2.0
streaming, processing , KBA , BC-SYB-ESP , Sybase ESP (Event Stream Processor) , HAN-SDS , SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.