You want to know how to upload scanned invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
You can scan the document that you received from your supplier and manually upload it as a pdf file to the SAP Business ByDesign system. You can then attach the uploaded file to the new invoice or credit memo. If your scanner software can also create txt files from scanned documents, the system can use the txt file to propose the invoice or credit memo details, which enables you to create invoices and credit memos more efficiently.
Refer help document: Configuration: Supplier Invoice Scanning Keyword Settings
[Disclaimer: Images/data in this KBA are from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."]
How to Download Collaboration Tool
Goto Application and User Management wc-> Business Flexibility->Download Center
How to Upload Scanned Invoice?
There are 2 ways to upload a scanned invoice:
- Directly from the ByDesign system
- Using SAP Collaboration Window
- Directly from the ByDesign system:
You should have the PDF file
Goto Supplier Invoicing work center -> Common Tasks-> New Scanned Invoice/ New Scanned Credit Memo
Goto Supplier Invoicing work center-> Invoice Entry-> New Scanned Invoice/Scanned Credit Memo
Select Scanned Invoice-> Add-> File
Browse for the PDF file and click ADD
- Then select Extract Attachment Data so that all the fields are automatically filled in the invoice from PDF file.
All the fields are editable when we upload scanned invoice in this manner
2.How to upload scanned invoice using Collaboration Tool?
•You have activated the Automatic Upload Service in SAP Collaboration Window.
•You have defined the Observed folder for scanned invoices and credit memos.
•Your scanner software creates two files from a scanned document:
- ◦PDF file
- ◦TXT, RTF, or DOC file.
•Both files are named the same so that they are recognized as a pair
- Create a folder in your system
Place the PDF and Text file in the folder with the same name
- Now, open the Collaboration tool and login
Flag the option Enable Service Scanned Invoices and uncheck Only Upload PDF files checkbox.
- Browse for the relevant folder created
- You can check whether the file is uploading in the below right corner of the screen
- After upload is complete , right click on the upload symbol and check the log whether the upload was successful or not
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center and select the view Invoices and Credit Memos
Search for recently uploaded invoice by filtering with date or buying company etc
- The supplier field and other fields will be empty
You can enter values as per your requirement
Buying Company field will be no longer editable in this case.
Reference Help Documents:
- Configuration: Supplier Invoice Scanning Keyword Settings
- Create a Scanned Invoice or Credit Memo
- Uploading Scanned Supplier Invoices Using Automatic Upload Service
Also refer the PDF attachment for more details.
You might see below options to upload the invoice using only PDF:
1.Through collaboration window->setting->invoice scanning->only upload PDF check mark
2.Manual invoice-> Add file -> extract attachment data
But at present, both of them are not supported.
Below is visible only to SAP employees
|2876584||FAQs Regarding Scanned Invoice Upload|
extract attachment data, steps to upload scanned invoice,only upload PDF , KBA , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , How To
|edited_Scanned Supplier Invoice as on 2.7.2020.doc|