How to use direct link notification tags in the WYSIWYG notification editor.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Successfactors HCM suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Generate the direct link
- Navigate to System Admin > Tools > Direct Link
- Select your direct link from the drop-down
- Select radio button "Notification Tags"
- Click Display link
- Copy the link provided
This is how the link will look in case of a stand-alone LMS system
For an integrated system, where LMS is Integrated with BizX the Direct link for Notification Tags will displayed in the below format.
- Add direct link to template
Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > Notification templates and open in edit mode the template of your choice
Navigate to the Item/Scheduled Offering/Program you wish to customize the template for.
- Launch the editor
- Place your mouse cursor where you would like to insert the direct link and either right click to select "Insert/Edit link" or click the link icon at the top of the editor
- Please note: currently, it is not possible to select a text and click in the "Insert/Edit link" option; this will cause some direct links to be broken in the email notification after saving the changes.
c. In the pop-up, paste in the URL field the Direct Link you copied and write the required text in the "Text to display" field.
d. Click OK.
Don't forget to save your changes!
The direct link is populated with the required information:
- Please note that direct links can be used in certain templates but not all direct links can be used with all templates.
- When generating the direct link, the tag provided in the "URLENCODE value=" must be found in the list of syntax tags of the template you are customizing. Otherwise, data may not be populated.
In our example, the value after URLENCODE value= was <SCHD_ID/>. Therefore, when in the editor to modify my template, make sure that this tag can be found:
Successfactors, learning, LMS, notification template editor, WYSIWYG, direct link, direct links, Direct Link NotificationTags, syntax tags, deeplink, deeplinks, token , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To