- How can you enable the usage of a geo map and location dimension for geospatial analysis with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)?
- How to use the geo maps / geo enrichment features (geospatial analysis / location data) of SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud
The geospatial (geo enrichment / geo coding / mapping / GIS) analysis features of SAC can be enabled as follows:
- Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Import a file from your computer.
- Prerequisites require that your file include latitude / longitude coordinates or region data (area name).
- Note: When adding Area Name Geo Enrichment to models, you can now use country, region and subregion data to create location dimensions for country/regions besides the United States.
- The country/region data can be provided as ISO3 and ISO2 codes, or the country/region names in English.
- Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Get data from a data source >> Live Data connection.
- Prerequisites require that the live data connection model is based on a HANA calculation view enriched with latitude / longitude coordinates.
- See BW Live Connectivity Geo Map Support.
- Note: Geospatial analysis starting with a blank model (Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Start with a blank model) or appending location information to a geo-enabled dimension is not supported at this time.
- Please provide your support to enhance this feature by voting and commenting on the idea: Extend functionality of Geo mapping capability.
- The Create Location By Coordinate or Create Location By Region method is documented at: Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis.
See the following SAP Analytics Cloud help pages and resources for further information:
- Creating a Geo Map learning track
- Enhancement request: Create Public Dimension with Geo Location
- Creating a Geo Map in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis
- Creating Geo Spatial Models from HANA Calculation Views
- Analyzing Geographical Data
- Creating a Geo Map
- Enrich data to support geo maps based on region
- Create a point of interest layer to display in geo maps
- Create a geo map in a story
- Add a point of interest layer to a geo map in a story
- Add a feature layer to a geo map in a story
- Create a custom point of interest icon
- Create a flow layer in a geo map
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Creating a Geo Map
- 2395452 - Create a Location Dimension icon disabled when acquiring data from SAP HANA 1.00.102.04
- 2631028 - Obsolete ESRI Map in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
- SAP Analytics Cloud content: A guide to Geo Features
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, geo-loc, geoloc, geolocations, geo-coded, remote HANA, geo, spatial, map, location, longitude, latitude, Geocoded, geo-coded, data, analytic, planning models, lat, long, SAC, map layers, geo-coding , Geo Enrichment not available when loading data into existing model (that contains latitude and longitude dimensions), You can prepare a model with Geo location and later import new data using, Creating Location Dimension, Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis, Unable to Maintain Master Data in Geo Dimension, geo map widgets in a story, Geo enriching your data, Creating a Geo Map, Using the geo maps / geo enrichment features (geospatial analysis / location data) with SAP Analytics Cloud, geoenrichment, geo enrich by coordinates, co-ordinates, area names name, geo, location id, locaiton id, lat long latitude longitude , KBA , maps. mapping, mapped , geolocation , geolocalisation implementation , geomaps , organization type dimension , geographic coordinates , manually or via import , parametered , geomap geo-map geo-maps , attributes attribute , existant exsiting , gen , geo enrichment (country) , geo-enrichment , geographical , arcgis sac , sac geomaps for highways available , sap analytics cloud esri kba , feature layers sac sacp c4a , i have a sac question about geomaps , geo coding geo sac kba , create geomap with live connections , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Product Enhancement