In workflow definition, when Approver Type is selected as "Role" the option in Approver Role dropdown shows "Custom Manager" and not as Custom Manager 1, Custom Manager 2 etc.
Can we map the additional relationships defined in the system to be available in workflow role dropdown as custom manager 1 or custom manager 2...?
Employee Central - Workflows
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure multiple custom managers using same external code in the picklist file.
- So we have say custom manager 1 and custom manager 2 now.
- Go to configure workflows and in the approver dropdown, you can only see custom manager. there will not be specific custom manger 1, custom manager 2 available in this dropdown.
- Workflow dropdown list references to picklist external codes to select the participants and does not discriminate between different custom managers (as all will be having same external code in the picklist).
- So if you select custom manager as aspprover in the workflow approver role; both custom manager 1 and custom manager 2 will recieve the workflow and notifications.
This is an expected behavior and how the system works owing to picklist external code referencing.
We cannot select custom manager 2 or custom manager 1 as a separate distinct approver for any workflow.
Workflow Custom Manager, Custom Manager Approver, Relationship, Custom Manager , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem