System throws the below error in the simulation step, while Migrating Registered Products.
Error: "Registerd Product ID Productxyz not valid" (Where Productxyz represents Registered Product ID)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Business Configuration work center
2. Select the Overview view
3. Search and Select Migration of Registered Products
4. Select Migrate Registered Products using Migration tool
5. Select the file you need to Migrate
6. Select the option to Execute Migration Step by Step
7. Select Next till the Simulation step
There can be multiple reasons for this error message. One of reasons can be that the Registered Product ID which you are trying to migrate have some special character (e.g. $, %, *, space or number that start with zero).
1. Remove the Special Characters and then Migrate
2. Registered Product Serial ID field value is alphanumeric and supports alphabet A - Z, numbers 0 – 9, hyphen (-), underscore ( _ ), colon (:)
Any other characters other than the above mentioned are not supported. Currently this is the standard system behavior.
Registered Products, Migration of Registered Products, , KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To