- It is possible that a company has Employee Central enabled but they do not want to use the EC information in their Compensation cycle
- They still want to import their own values in the User Directory File (UDF) and use these values for Compensation
- It can happen that Employee Central unexpectedly overwrites the UDF with its own values after we have manually imported a file, creating inconsistencies with the Eligibility Rules and formulas defined
- In some cases these fields are overwritten as the customer's configuration is designed to do so and in some others it is expected and cannot be avoided unless changes are done at EC level
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation - CMP
There are HRIS syncing mappings from EC to EP (UDF) that can be defined in the Data Model (and as such that can be edited or removed)and there are also hard-coded HRIS syncing mappings that cannot be removed.
To review the existing manual syncing mappings defined for a customer it is necessary to access the Data Model, scroll to the bottom of the file and review the hris-mapping definitions.
You will need to contact Professional Services or your preferred Partner in case you want to modify any of these syncing mappings.
In some other cases this section of the Data Model will not display any mappings but the UDF will still be updated with values coming from Employee Central
- The reason for this behavior is that there are certain syncing mappings that are hard-coded at system level and cannot be removed
- Those that can affect Compensation are:
|HRIS element||HRIS field||EC fields in EC tables||standard element|
- For the manual hris syncing mappings the solution to avoid moving information from EC to the UDF is to modify or remove the mappings in the Data Model
- For the hard-coded syncing mappings the only solutions are to define the EC fields in a different section or to define these fields as custom fields instead of the standard ones
- For example, If we don't want Pay Grade and Job Level to be automatically updated in the UDF we need to remove them from Compensation Information and define them in a different section (Job Information, Employment Information,...) or, if it is necessary to maintain them in Compensation Information, we need to define them as custom fields.
SF SuccessFactors Employee Central EC CMP User Directory , KBA , LOD-SF-CMP-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services EC , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , Problem