How to change the name of the email 'sender' in notifications?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SuccessFactors SAP Jam
Currently, the emails appear in our Inbox as: "Jam <firstname.lastname@example.org>", by default. To change the name of the email "sender" in notifications, follow below steps:
- Navigate to SAP Jam Admin;
- Click Branding (left menu);
- On Branding and Support page, edit the field "Product Instance name";
NOTE: If you have enabled Successfactors Theming within SAP Jam Admin, this field will not be editable. In this case, simply uncheck "Enable SuccessFactors Theming (BizX UI-V12 or higher required)" and edit the field;
- Save the changes.
Branding and Support page
Example of Email "sender"
1. This will result in the name of your SAP Jam instance changing. In the drop-down menu in SuccessFactors and also at the top of your SAP Jam instance the new name will appear
2. This will change the name of the email sender ("Jam <email@example.com>") but not the email address 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
3. The Product Instance Name field will not be updated to another value when the "SuccessFactors Theming" is enabled. This is an expected behavior. As a workaround, you can change the name for SAP Jam in SF via Admin Center > Text Replacement.
Sender name, email notification, SAP Jam sender name, product instance name, SuccessFactors Theming, Branding and Support. , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-UI , User Interface Issues , How To