- System does not accept Employee's credentials when utilizing password reset function
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- This comes in the form of a system generated email notification sent to the user in question.
Check to see if there are conflicting email addresses as this is predominantly the cause.
- This can be down to having an active and inactive employee with the same email address.
- Occasionally users are mistakenly granted the same email address because the have matching surnames, with the first syllable of their forename also similar.
The problem lies in the fact that, the system can not identify the username and therefore it is unable to verify the requester's access credentials.
- Perform an employee export
- Identify the problem and check for duplicate email addresses.
- Advise the customer of the changes needed to be made.
Password reset, Verify, requester's, access, credentials, Email, Notification , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , How To