You are trying to post a Supplier Invoice but the system blocks the posting. The Supplier invoice stays in Ready for Posting status and you get the error message: The document was saved with the status Ready for Posting. Only accountants responsible (such as [User ID] ([User name])) can post the document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work centre.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Find XYZ (XYZ represents the Supplier Invoice ID)
- Select Edit.
- Select Post.
- You get the message: The document was saved with the status Ready for Posting. Only accountants responsible (such as [User ID] ([User name])) can post the document.
Your user is not part of the invoicing unit involved in this Supplier Invoice.
The invoicing unit is a functional unit that is responsible for invoice verification. It is stored in the invoicing document for authorization purposes. The determination can be configured by the customer depending on the basis of buyers and suppliers. Except for global worklist, it is a mandatory party that is determined by the system and is not allowed to be changed by the user.
The employee responsible is an employee belonging to/being manager or working for the invoicing unit who is responsible for the invoicing documents and is allowed to post it . He is a mandatory party that is determined by the system and is not allowed to be changed by the user.
Who is allowed to post Supplier invoices?
In order to be allowed to post Supplier Invoices, the current user is checked to see if it matches one of the following criteria :
- The user is default for the current invoicing unit;
- The user is an employee of the invoicing unit;
- The user is a manager of the invoicing unit;
- The user is an additional accountant of the invoicing unit.
If one of the criteria matches, the user is allowed to post invoices.
If none of the criteria match, the employee responsible is set to:
- The default user of the invoicing unit in Organisational Management work centre, Employee Work Distribution view; or
- The first employee of the invoicing unit; or
- The first additional accountant of the invoicing unit; or
- The manager of the invoicing unit.
See also SCN blog https://blogs.sap.com/2017/01/19/what-is-the-supplier-invoicing-unit-and-who-is-the-employee-responsible/
Unbale to post invoice, invoice in status ready for Posting , KBA , how is employee responsible determined , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Product Enhancement