- Following this failure, the dbcc checkalloc execution on the syslogs table reports a discrepancy between the actual number of free log pages and the cached number of free log pages like so:
Syslogs free space is currently 2797 pages but DBCC counted 2583 pages.
- The number of syslogs allocation pages is incorrectly calculated when there are read-only log segments.
Run ALTER DATABASE LOG OFF command on SAP ASE database in order to shrink the database log space. This command fails with Error 5053.
Failed alter database log off when the log space to remove contains inactive log pages.
- The segmap becomes 0 and the location becomes 9
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- Solaris on Sparc 64bit
- Solaris on x86_64 64bit
5053, log off, shrink, log fragment , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.