When you migrate Projects, system throws below error message:
Service call failed; report an incident.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Projects
- Choose Migrate projects using the migration tool
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File
- You receive the error message mentioned during the Simulation step
We are facing a very high memory consumption while migrating a Project from a template due to high number of Information Messages that are raised.
To avoid the error, change the following in the given Project data, so that the migration can work even for a big Project.
1) Change the Project Task descriptions to text with a maximum length of 40 characters. This will avoid the Information Message which informs about the truncation of the text.
2) Please check the Duration given in the Task details. It does not match with the given date so that the Duration will be adopted during migration. This causes also, always an Information Message as the Duration will be adopted according to the given dates. Leave the Duration empty for each Project Task and let the system calculate it automatically.
We are working on improvements to avoid this high memory consumption during Migration.
KBA , migration of projects , project task descriptions , duration , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To