Admin configured exam to be locked after two tries but user still can attempt it four times.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Set up exam object of the item to lock after 2 tries
- At item level under related click on Online Content and navigate to Settings
- Setup number of 'Times user can fail before the action' to 2 (please note that we will keep the 'Record learning event when all content is complete' box unckecked otherwise if checked, maximum tries set above at item level will override times user can fail before action taken).
- Assign item to the user.
- Fail the item twice and and you will notice that item gets recorded as completed with a message that you exceeded the maximum tries.
- If you navigate back to learninig plan you will notice that item is not locked despite user failed it twice and they can keep failing 4 times before it get locked.
This is expected behaviour.
- Item is configured to lock after two tries at item level and since we have the 'Record learning event when all content is complete' box unchecked and the 'Times user can fail before the action' is set to 2, the system will consider that eveytime the user fail the exam one learning event will be recorded.
- In other words since we have the number of 'Times user can fail before the action' is set to 2, this means whatever number you add at item level as a maximum tries (which is 2 in our case) will be recorded as one learning event. For that reason in our case the user have four chances before item get locked.
- Also note that if you configure item online content to 'Recored learning event when exam failed' plus checking 'Record learning event box when all content is complete', then the maximum tries you set at item level will override number of tries user can fail before action.
For example, if you set item max tries to 2 and 'Times user can fail before action' to 2 with checking the 'Record learning event box when all content is complete', each time you fail it will be recorded as a learning event unlike the above senario and item get locked after two tries.
item; exam; item is not locked; locked item; lock; exam not locked; Record learning event when all content is complete; Times user can fail before the action; maximum tries, maximum tries exceeded , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To