- Unable to export Graphical components to an excel output file in a Table / Ad Hoc report with a BIRT template
- Is it possible to export Ad Hoc Report Graph/ Diagrams/ Charts to Excel file?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Ad Hoc Reporting
- BIRT Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Home > Reporting > Run the Table Report under concern (Online)
- Enter online parameters / filters if applicable
The online run will display the desired graphical components
- Click the Excel button to export the report.
The graphical components are not present in the exported file
A limitation with the BIRT emitter + XLS file format
Go To Provisioning > Company Settings > Turn On below Switches under Company Settings:
- Enable MS Office 2010 compatible output for spreadsheet reports
- Generate Excel 2010 Output for Adhoc Reports
- Logout from the instance
- Wait for 10 minutes to allow the system to populate the changes
- The exports should contain graphical components now
- Recommendation: When BIRT Templates are associated with Ad Hoc Report, it is recommended to export the report to excel format by running it offline in order to export the graph successfully to excel (xlsx) file.
Important notes to consider:
- Post this change, all the Ad Hoc exported (Online or Offline)from the instance will be in the office 2007 format (file extension .xlsx)
- If you do not have access to provisioning, please contact your implementation partner or create a support incident and quote this KBA for the changes required
Ad, Hoc, Report, Export, to, Excel, BIRT, Template, Graph, Diagram, Chart, missing, error, issue , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-BIR , BIRT Reports , Problem