Admin can now include the thumbnail url for Curricula in the Curricula Connector
Learning Management System
Enhancement - LRN-15611
If you are using a connector to load curricula into the LMS, you can now designate a thumbnail URL for the curriculum. The URL should point to an image that acts as an icon for the curriculum. It helps users identify the curriculum at a glance.
Points to Note :
1. A new mapping has been added to the connector properties. (System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > CONNECTOR)
2. The thumbnail displayed to the user will be shown as the below priority.
1. Direct Upload through UI - If the admin chose to upload the image directly via the UI. (Go to Curricula > Upload Image (Thumbnail File).
If admin has uploaded the thumbnail via this method, it will have the highest preference and will be shown to the user, irrespective of Thumbnail URL present or not.
2. Image URI Via connector or UI - Instead of uploading the image, an admin can provide the thumbnail URL for the Curricula directly. If the file format and the location is valid then it will be shown to the user instead of the default curricula thumbnail.
Admin can choose to update the URL either way.
i. Directly through the UI (Go to Curricula > Thumbnail URL - Provide the URL there)
ii. Upload the image via Curricula Connector
In the Curricula Connector file, use field THUMBNAIL_URI to update the Thumbnail URL. Once the connector runs successfully, you should see the URL updated in the above shown place.
3. Default image - If both of the above fields are not updated, then the default thumbnail will be shown to the user. The default thumbnail is configured in (System Admin > Configuration > Images > Curriculum)
You can also, choose to update the default image from this place. Please note that this image will be default for all the new and old curriculum (unless specified individually via the above 2 methods).
3. Connector will validate the URI. While uploading the connector input file, please make sure that the file format is correct.
Allowed formats are *.png, *.gif, *.jpg and *.tif
Thumbnail URL , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Product Enhancement