- I have set up a purge rule whereby I want to purge users who are inactive for a certain period. The rule does not trigger any inactive users to be purged when selecting inactive date period.
- It purges inactive users if Inactive period is set to "N/A"
- BizX Platform
- This does not apply to Employee Central Instances
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center > Data Management
- Create New Purge Rule > Purge Inactive User
- Select Multiple Users and set the Inactive Date period to your request(eg 90 Days)
- Exclude user depending on the type of request
- Select Approver
- The purge rule for inactive date period fails because the company exit date is not configured in the Data Model.
- For the DRM user select logic, it will use the company exit date to calculate the inactive time.
- This needs to be manually selected in Manage Users, If it is not visible in Manage Users then this needs to be configured.
- Check manage users to see if "Company Exit Date" is selectable. If it is not it needs to be configured in the Data Model.
- The following needs to be added to the Data Model
>Company Exit Date</label>
- You will also need to configure companyExitDate in "sysUserDirectorySetting" and "sysVisableUserDirectorySetting"
- Here configuration of "companyExitDate" is similar as other elements configuration like username, firstname, lastname, hiredate etc.
- Simply duplicate one standard element configuration in "sysUserDirectorySetting" and in "sysVisableUserDirectorySetting", delete the standard element ID and insert companyExitDate
- Upload the newly configured data model to the customers instance via Provisioning
- You should now see "Company Exit Date" in the customers instance
- Manually select the date and create the rule again.
- This should now find users based on the your query and inactive date period.
- Data Retention Management
- Purge Rule
- Inactive Users
- Date Period
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions