Take program /1BCDWB/DBBSEG as an example, assign it to a Z*/Y* transaction code and start the transaction:
1. Display large data volume, after the ALV list is displayed, message "Memory low. Leave the transaction before taking a break!" might be displayed and the process turns into "Back-End Session in PRIV Mode" on hold status in SM50:
2.Double click the process or use Tr.SM04 to check the memory:
- Double click the process in SM50:
- Check user memory in SM04:
3. However, after you press 'F3' and back to selection screen, you notice that the process in SM50 is retained and the used memory doesn't decrease too much(memory is not released completely):
4. At this stage, if you press 'execute' button to display the ALV list again, the memory consumption increases significantly during the second execution with the same selection quantities. Memory dump may happens, TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED.eg
* The problem doesn't happen if you start /1BCDWB/DBBSEG from SE38 directly.
F3 back to selection screen, memory process not released, TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED, SE38, transaction , KBA , BC-ABA-LA , Syntax, Compiler, Runtime , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.