- Wrong translation when switching language in email notification template settings
- After switching to another language in email notification template settings, the template is not translated into the expected language
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center > Email notification template settings
- Select a notification from the list on the left
- On the right panel, select another locale from the drop down menu and click "switch to"
- The Body and/or Subject of the email are not translated in the expected locale, but instead shows another language
- If you see the text "You do not have a template created for the selected language, this is the recommended XXXXX locale template", then this could be a code defect
- If you don't see the text "You do not have a template created for the selected language, this is the recommended XXXXX locale template" then it means that the template was overwritten by another user in the past with the wrong locale.
- For the scenario where you do see "You do not have a template created for the selected language, this is the recommended XXXXX locale template", it would need to be investigated by support. For this scenario you can open a support incident for assistance.
- For the scenario where the template for the locale was overwritten by mistake, support can help you retrieve the default localised templates and import them into the system.
- Support will download the language pack with the default values for the templates. This will have a default text associated to the "KEY" for that email body or subject.
- You (customer or partner) will provide the matching key that is missing. You will need to have English Debug enabled for the duration of the exercise so that you can see the key name for the affected email(s);
- Typically English Debug woudl not be enabled by default. Support can activate the language for you;
- Once activated, use the options to change your language to English Debug and navigate to Admin Center > Email notification template settings;
- Select the notification email templates that are affected and provide the key value from the subject or body sections:
In the above example, the subject key is "Document_Reject_SUBJ" and the body key is "DocumentReject_BODY"
- Once you have the key(s) you need the text for, support will retrieve the corresponding text or provide a file with the translations;
- Copy and paste the text values from the file into your Email template for the desired language and save the changes;
- Support instructions: To find out where to locate the language pack refer to internal memo notes.
Email notification, Admin Center, locale template, Admin Tools, English Debug, Document_Reject_SUBJ, DocumentReject_BODY, translation , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , Problem