- On clicking the details link below workschedule field in Job Information portlet nothing happens.
- During Hiring an employee we get error "Please assign a work schedule so that all the Time Off fields have an entry.", while we have input value in work schedule.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
- Enable Time off feature for Leave of absence only.
- Disable Time off feature.
- Set JobInfo > workschedule field in 'job fields list' instead of 'timeOffReleatedFieldsList' either in Succession Data Model XML or via Manage Business Configuration tool.
- Go to a test employee's People Profile > Employment Information> Job Information section.
- Click on the details for Workschedule, workschedule details doesn't open.
'work-schedule' field in jobInfo is defined under jobFieldsList instead of timeOffRelatedFields.
- "Link not-working" issue can occur only for customers who have not recently touched these feature switches.
- Go to Manage Employee Central Settings page.
- And make sure if "Time off feature for Leave of absence only." is enabled then "Time off" is also enabled.
In the current release, the "Time off feature for Leave of absence only." feature has a pre-requisite of "Time off" enforced both in Manage Employee Central Settings and Provisioning > Company Settings. Therefore for new customers this issue won't occur.
As a best practice workschedule-code should be configured under job info (timeoff related fields).
OR in succession datamodel >JobInfo portlet as below:
<hris-field id="workschedule-code" visibility="both"> <label>Work Schedule</label> ... </hris-field> </hris-section>
- We can change the work-schedule field to job info field list and the UI display and its link will work.
- However, during add new hire system will not be able to recognize value in this field and hiring cannot be completed.
work schedule details, ECT-65298, workscehdule does not open, Please assign a work schedule so that all the Time Off fields have an entry, unable to hire employee due to work schedule error , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem