The system is not automatically creating Scheduled Invoice Requests for contracts or sales order. When you try to create the Scheduled Invoice Request manually the following error is displayed and the Scheduled Invoice Request is not created: Error in business configuration for number range; report an incident.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
This issue occurs when creating Scheduled Invoice Requests for Contracts and Sales Orders. In our example we are using Scheduled Invoice Requests for Contracts.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select customer contract invoice request XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Contract).
- Click on the Edit button.
- Click on the You Can Also button and select Create Scheduled Invoice Requests.
The following error is displayed:Error in business configuration for number range; report an incident
You did not create any rules in the fine tuning activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing and are therefore. If you do not define specific rules, the system applies default rules and starts numbering your invoicing documents (such as customer invoices, credit memos and down payment requests) automatically with the number 1 irrespective of the company or the invoicing document type and without any prefixes, suffixes or separators.
However, the default number range for customer invoicing depends on the scoping of the element Miscellaneous Invoicing in your Business Configuration. Since you have not scoped this element the system the default number range settings are not scoped for customer invoicing and the system is not able to determine the numbering range. Therefore the system is not able to create an invoice and also not a scheduled invoice request.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective implementation project.
- Click on the Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the Scoping step.
- Open the path Sales -> Customer Invoicing
- Select the element Miscellaneous Invoicing and finish your scoping changes.
Once it is activated the creation of Scheduled Invoice Requests is possible.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To