What are the exisiting procedures for LMS Administrators to configure their system in a way preventing users from adding internal content to Collections?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
There are no direct administrator settings in the LMS which allow discrimination between internal and external contents when it comes to creating or editing Collections in both the user and the administrator side of the system.
- Create a new catalogue including all the internal contents in the instance (items can be searched with criteria such as "item source= INTERNAL")
- In this newly created catalogue, in the basic details section, set "User Generated Content=NO"
- This will prevent the users from adding the items in this catalogue to a Collection:
Prevent users from creating Collections all-together. This can be controlled by the workflow "Author Collection".
- The Administrators will still have the option to use the items in Collections.
- It is recommended to instruct administrators to not use internal contents in the Collections.
- As there is currently no setting available in the LMS to discriminate between internal and external contents used in the Collections, it's advised ustomers who would like to use such feature to submit an enhancement request.
KB article 2090228 – How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products
LMS, add, admin actions, SF, success factors, configuration, stop actions , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To