You created a KPI and noticed that when the value of a key figure is below zero, the system will display 0.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business by Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into your SAP Cloud for Customer system for example.
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and the view Design KPI.
- Search for the KPI ABC (ABC stands for your KPI name).
- In the result rows, select the KPI ABC and click on Preview.
- Notice that the result on the left top shows the value 0 when this KPI actually has negative values.
The KPI scaling is applied on actual value by 100. The result being a single digit with minus sign, when system tries to apply scaling and round off the value becomes 0.
When creating the KPI ABC, please change the scaling to 1 from 100. Thus the KPI will show the actual value as expected. This behaviour also applies for SAP Business by Design.
Further details on scaling is availabie in the Knowledge Base Article 2627252 - Custom KPIs are displayed with the incorrect scaling.
Key Performance Indicator, negative, zero, 0, home, analytics, negative KPI, KPI, value is 0, scaling , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To