- Error: "Unable to connect to the BI Platform. check you connection settings. (HDB 05408)" when attempting to connect to the BI Platform via manual Windows AD authentication
- Logging into the BI Platform using Windows AD via SSO connects successfully
- SAP BusinessObjects Lumira, Desktop Edition 1.31.3
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Lumira Desktop
- Click on "SAP BI Platform"
- Select "Windows AD" from the Authentication Type drop down menu
- Enter a user name and password then click on the "Connect" button
- The bscLogin.conf file was not present in the directory which was set in the Web Application Container Server (WACS) configuration
- Move the bscLogin.conf file into the directory which was declared in the WACS
2300144 - Lumira Desktop and BI Platform Single sign-on (SSO) FAQ
2210624 - How do I configure SAP Lumira for Kerberos Authentication?
Lumira Authentication SSO Windows AD , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , Problem