- What does the 'Apply Enable Cell Level Permissions on group by reports' switch in provisioning do?
- How to enforce Cell Level permissions in Table Reports with Group by?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Table Reports have a 'Group By' option that allows aggregating on fields
- By default, the fields used in the 'Group By' option (Aggregated Columns) will not respect Cell Level permissions.
- If you wish to enforce Cell Level Permissions in such fields as well, the following switch under Company Settings in Provisioning has to e enabled:
Enable Cell Level Permissions on "Group by Reports" [Demoable, Not Ready for Production]
Impact explained with example:
Consider a report used to get the user count with Employee Status at a Country/Region level, based on the 'Person Id' field:
If the aforementioned Cell Level permission switch is NOT enabled:
The count field will not follow cell level restrictions applied on for the user running the report (RBP)
If the aforementioned Cell Level permission switch is enabled:
The Report will only include the data of the target users for whom the user running the report has access at a Cell Level.
i.e. In this case, the report will only include data for the target users for whom the user running the report has access to the 'Country / Region', Employee Status' and 'Person Id'
- This is a company wide switch.
Enabling it would impact all the reports (in the instance) that have Group By fields.
- There will be slight drop in performance in Group By reports due to the additional computation.
cell, level, group, by, aggregate, permission, RBP, restrict, Ad, Hoc, Table, field , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To