Error is encountered during the following scenarios:
- Accessing a user's learning plan
- Completing a course which may cause the item not to be recorded
- After an upgrade or release
- Searching an item in the catalog
- Accessing Learning
- Not able to search users
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.plateausystems.elms.bo.component.valueobject.ComponentModuleVOX.getLaunchType() of an object loaded from local variable 'componentModuleVOX'
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to LMS as Admin or User
- Navigate the system and perform an admin task such as viewing a user's Learning Plan and/or Learning History within their profile
- Error will appear when perform admin tasks
Database Indexes were not validated during the upgrade in customer's instance.
- Create a support incident with Product Support with the complete details of the issue (replication steps, complete screenshot of the error, LMS URL, LMS environment).
- Support Engineers will request the rebuilding of indexes and/or to check and fix for invalid objects in the database to the Operations Team via a JIRA assigned to the Product Operations DB Engineering team.
- The validation of indexes should be a mandatory part of LMS upgrades.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, java, NullPointerException, ComponentModuleVOX, COSD-9626, database, invalid objects, index, rebuild , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-DB , DB Data & Services , Problem