This KBA explains the reason why an SFAPI logout call will return false in the result field.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Make a log in call through SFAPI
2. After the completion of the respective operation intended to be done, make a logout call to the API server.
3. The log out response will have false returned in the SOAP body
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<logoutResponse xmlns="urn:sfobject.sfapi.successfactors.com" xmlns:ns2="urn:fault.sfapi.successfactors.com">
There are three scenarios under which this will occur:
1. The session is already invalid, due to long time.
2. When sending logout request, the session ID returned from the log in is not sent. Instead the log out is made for a different session ID.
3. Logout is sent multiple times.
As suggested in the root cause section:
1. It is not recommended to do logout multiple times
2. Always pass the correct session ID in the header request for the log out call.
KBA , sfapi logout call returns false in the r , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem