Cannot create Project Invoice Requests for a Project with Sales order created against the Account of respective Country cause an error message occurs regarding the Postal code.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management Work center
- Go to Projects view
- Find relevant Project
- Choose the Icon next to Project number and select Create Manual Project Invoice Request
- Press Next until you get to step 3 Define Invoice Items
- In the Items tab, select Add Row
You will get the above error.
Recently you have changed the postal code in the Account address, however, all those sales orders created prior to the change, has old postal code and now when you create Project invoice request for that sales order system thorws this error due to postal code mismatch.
Please follow below steps to post the project invoice requests for affected sales orders:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview
- Search for the configuration element Countries
- Select it and Click on Open button
- Click on Edit Countries
- Filter for the relevant country
- Go to Postal Attributes tab
- Remove the flag for Street Address Postal Code Required
- Click Save and close
- Then, finish all affected project invoice requests and set back the Business configuration setting
by setting the flag again.
Postal code must have the length , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To