There is an error when users try to upload files/attachments
- Receives error messages when trying to upload an attachment into a portlet in the profile manually.
- The Error Message :"The total file size exceeds the user size limit of 100,000 kilobytes".However, the file which is being uploaded is less than a given amount kb ex 500KB.
- Also when trying to upload the same attachment for another user,it is successful without any error.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Login into the Success factor instance.
- Home > Employee file > Any portlet where file can be uploaded (for example Time Off)
- Click on edit option in the portlet.
- Select the document to be uploaded in the portlet and then click on save.
- The error message is displayed informing the "The total file size exceeds the user size limit of 100,000 kilobytes"
Issue is occurring as "Attachment user limit" value is set to 100MB for a single user at the backend.
- Login into provisioning for the customer instance.
- Search for Document Attachment > Attachment User Limit and set the value as more than the initial value and save.
- Total number of attachment attached by a user cannot exceed this limit So it needs to be set after discussion with the company how much space they want to allocate to individual user.'No Limit' option is not advisable, as this leads to a chance of some user consuming lot of space.
Attachment, Error, Size, Limit, 55109a68b9540eac56e09e66306994b1bbd2df40 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem