You are trying to migrate Logistics Areas and you want to know how the system behaves.
SAP Business ByDesign
The migration of Logistics Areas and Location works as below:
- Location tab under the migration template is mandatory. The Location can be one which already exists in the system or a new one created during the migration. It has to be maintained with the parent location or the site on the first sheet of the template, on Location tab.
- There is no dependency of Logistics Area with the Location. Dependency is all between the Logistics Area and the parent Logistics Area. It is mandatory to create the Logistics Area and the parent Logistics Area at the same time. It is expected that the parent Logistics Area mentioned in the template does not exist in the system during migration. Both Logistics Area and parent Logistics Area will be created newly at the same time.
- Every parent Logistics Area should have an entry in the template as a Logistics Area with or without a parent one. Which means, the parent Logistic Area is created in the system as Logistics Area, it cannot be used as a parent for the child one.
- If the Logistics Area has to be created directly under the Location without the parent, then do not mention anything under the Parent logistic area ID field, only maintain the Logistic area ID. Doing the migration as mentioned before, this Logistics Area can be further used as the parent Logistics Area for other ones if required.
- SAP Business ByDesign supports only addition/ creation of new records during Migration of Location and Logistics Area. The tool does not support any form of update/ modify scenarios. Therefore, any Location and Logistics Area update/ modification has to go through the UI.
Location and Logistics Area, Migration, Migration of Location and Logistics Areas, Update, Modify, Create, LoA, Parent , KBA , migration , migration of location and logistics area , modify , create , loa , parent , update , location and logistics area , AP-LDM , Location Data Management , How To