- Customer noticed that some users don't have the mandatory field ( e.g. Time Zone ID ) defined, it is empty.
- Noted the field in PA_USER_PREFERENCE is not populated when a new user is created.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- This was caused by the LMS system admin disabling the UTC timezone even though UTC is set on the application
- This meant that whenever a new user was created the default timezone field was left blank (even though it is a required field).
- The default timezone of the DB timezone must be left enabled.
- Re-enable the UTC timezone to 'Display' in References > Calendars > Time > Timezone Management and this will resolve the issue going forward.
- The default application timezone on the backend is defined on the tenant level according to the server timezone and cannot be edited; this is why UTC needs to be set to 'display.'
- For the remaining affected users their missing default timezone should be either updated manually by admins, via user connector (see KBAs 2288843, 2385725, & 2250834), or ask each user to ensure this is defined.
- As to why the user records are missing in PA_USER_PREFERENCE, Engineering advised it is by design. The record creation request isn't submitted in the database until all required criteria are defined and timezone is a required criteria (as to the logic behind this design, it was not provided; we suggest that you raise an enhancement request proposing a change to this behavior). This design that a user record is allowed to be created in LMS if the default system timezone is not set to display is to ease user creation where admins choose to allow users to define their own timezone post creation.
SF successfactors Learning, LMS default timezone, time zone not populated, preferences, pa_user_preference, field DB, database, PA_USER_PREFERENCE , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-DB , DB Data & Services , Problem