Error message from Take rules is not getting auto-refreshed on applying time off.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
- A rule is created to raise a warning message if the attachment is not added.
- It is linked to the Take Rule section in the Time Type.
- In Time off page, on selecting the Time Type, the warning message appears as expected.
- But after adding the attachment, the warning message is still there (i.e the screen is not refreshing).
- This is an expected behavior in the Time off ESS UI and in v12 Manage Time off UI.
- There is only a simulation(or refresh) when a simulation relevant field (time type, start date, end date, start time, end time) is changed. This triggers the execution of the take rule.
- Therefore the warning message will not be updated as long as the simulation relevant fields are not changed.
- This is fixed in the new time off ESS UI which can be upgraded from 'Upgrade Center'.
- From 1905 release, all instances will be moved to Time off Fior ESS UI (a revert back button will be provided in the upgarde center)
- This will not be fixed in the old ESS v12 UI as no more fixes will be done in that UI.
- The customers should use the new ESS UI as this is the recommended UI to use. The legacy UI will be decommissioned in 1908 release.
Until the new Time off ESS PP3 UI is upgrade, you may use one of the below workarounds but we strongly recommend to updagrade to the new UI.
- Remove the rule from Take Rule section of the Time Types
- Navigate to Admin Center -> Configure Object Definition -> Select 'Employee Time'
- Click on 'Details' beside the attachment field.
- There is a section named 'Condition'. In the fieldId enter 'timeType.externalCode'. Under the section conditionValues, add the external code of the time types for which you need the comment to be mandatory.
- Now while applying time off (In Administer Time or Time off),you will see this Attachment field will appear as mandatory only for those Time Types that are added in the 'ConditionValues'(here it's 'VACATION')
- The rule parameter "Take Rule Parameters" has a field "Processing mode" with values "Simulation Only" and "Standard".
- If you just make changes in the request form, that value is equal to Simulation Only.
- If you save / submit the absence, it is equal to Standard.
- For example, the customer could define a rule like this:
IF processingMode = Standard
AND the "existing conditions" RAISE ERROR
ELSE IF "the existing conditions" RAISE WARNING
- Please make sure you use the Absence Validation rule scenario, and not basic rule, as the code needs to be entered as "takeRuleParameters" exactly.
Take Rule Attachment Time Off Rule Manage Time Off Administer Time Take rule not refreshed Make attachment mandatory ECT-49793 Raise message Time off ESS UI V12 UI Refresh Error Warning , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem